Whipped Coconut Cream with Berries
Whipped coconut cream is not only easy to make, but a delicious way to get extra fat into your diet. Add some low carb berries and a shaving of dark chocolate and you have yourself a deserving dessert that you do not have to feel bad about.
The first thing I did was to store a can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Make sure it is in there for at least 12-24 hours or it will not whip up.
I then scooped up the thick part of the coconut milk and made sure to leave the water behind. Coconut water can be used in smoothies or just as a straight beverage.
I whipped the cream for about 2-3 minutes or until it had a nice whipped cream consistency.
I added my berries on hand and served. I find it pairs especially well with strawberries and blueberries. I added 85% dark chocolate shavings on top for a little extra flavor. Easy, delicious and full of healthy fats, can you really ask for more?
- 1 Can Unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- Berries of choice
- Dark chocolate (optional)
- Store the coconut milk in the fridge for at least 12-24 hours.
- Scoop out the thick part of the coconut milk leaving the water behind.
- Whip with a hand mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in berries.
- Top with chocolate shavings.
- Some like to add a dash of vanilla extract.