Deviled eggs with tuna in it sounds weird, but is absolutely delicious. Don’t get turned off by the tuna, even my tuna hater husband loved it. My 2 year old gobbled it up which makes mama very happy! I love nothing more then to feed my family a nutrient dense snack that is both delicious and good for them.
I started with 12 hard boiled eggs and removed the outer shell. If you need tips on how to cook a hard boiled egg click here.
I then cut them all lengthwise.
I carefully removed the egg yolk out of each half. I gently squeezed the white which loosened the yolk and it either fell out or came out easily with a spoon.
In a food processor I mixed together the tuna, celery, apple and the cilantro.
I then added the yolk and pulsed once or twice until the yolk was fully mixed with the blend.
I then transferred the mixture to a mixing bowl and added the mayo, yogurt, mustard and the ricotta cheese.
I then added my spices the salt, pepper, garlic powder and the paprika.
I gently mixed it together and then took each half of the egg and filled the empty hole with the mixture. I had some cooked chopped up bacon on hand and topped my deviled eggs with the bacon. You really can’t go wrong with the bacon topping, we all know that eggs and bacon hold hand in hand when it comes to our taste buds!
I repeated the process until all the eggs were deviled! Not only are deviled eggs pretty to serve at parties, they are also filled with power food so you don’t have to feel bad feeding your family or guests something you know is hurting them.
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 1 can tuna
- 1 rib celery
- 1/4 of an apple
- 2 tablespoon mayo
- 2 tablespoon full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon full fat ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- handful of fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the hard boiled eggs
- Cut the eggs lengthwise
- Remove the egg yolk
- In a food processor mix together the tuna, celery, apple and cilantro
- Add the egg yolk and pulse once or twice until mixed
- Transfer to a mixing bowl
- Add mayo, yogurt, mustard and ricotta cheese
- Add the garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper
- Gently mix together
- Fill the egg halves with the mixture
- Top with crumbled up bacon for extra flavor